Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Welcome to Tales from Ridgetop Farm; stories of everyday life and the journey into self-sufficiency


the day we moved in

I have wanted to be a farmer/homesteader, ever since I was a little girl and first read the "Little House" books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Ok, perhaps not always, as there were several points in time I wanted to live in big cities like New York and Boston.  But, since you can't have horses in the city I have always come back to wanting to live in the country on a big farm.  Lucky for me I found a like minded Fellow, and together we found a 120 year old farm house on about 5 acres.  So, it's not enough for a big farm, but, it's a start. My goal is greater sustainability and self-sufficiency in a world where those two things seem to have gone out of style. 

  This will be a place that hosts all farm-related posts,things about rural living, and (hopefully) local farm events, recieps and encouragement for those of you also, longing for sustainability.   So thank you for taking time to check up on the homestead in the middle of nowwhere, but a mile from everything. Check in often.

No comments:

Post a Comment