Monday, June 4, 2012

How Does My Garden Grow!

Not well, not well, at all.  Seriously, I don't understand what the problem is.  I follow the directions on the seed packet and reserched information, and still nothing grows.  This is starting to make me very upset.  I planted rows and rows of peas, green beans, carrots, radishes and cucumber seeds and nothing has even started to grow. The tomato plants that I bought as already started plants are stunted and lackluster and the potatoes I planted have little buds but seem to have stopped there. Was really looking forward to this garden with lot's of tasty veggies and so far it looks like I will be at the Farmer's Market buying veggies again. The only positive note is that the strawberry plants I transplanted last year ( that basicly died off) came back and are giving us a few berries a day not enough yet to make jam (my ultimate goal) but they are so very yummy fresh off the plant and warmed by the sun.  I am hoping to plant watermelons, pumpkins and sweet corn though I am a little scared.. maybe I should buy already started plants. Maybe I should just stick to farmers markets.  I water I weed they get sun... any suggestions are greatly appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment