Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mini Update

Howdy, folks!!!
   Not too much to update ya with this week.  The turkey's are doing well and their feathers are starting to come in.  One is all white and he is the bigger of the two, this is the one I call George Washington.  The other one's feather's are diffrent shades of brown, the prettier of the two I have to say.  The little brown turkey, who I call Martha Washington is developing quite the personality.  When I  clean out the brooder she pecks the bag and runs at it and head butts it.  Also, she  will grab my hair if a piece falls into the brooder and will try to run off with it like she has a prize worrm, she is quite disappointeted and confused when it suddenly disappears.   They also do a little jump and flap thier wings trying to fly. It's lot's of fun at our house, I could watch those little turkeys for hours at a time, they change every day.

On a side note, I have been having trouble with the paint color for the kitchen.  During the winter I had painted the kitchen with what was suppose to a golden yellow color but when painted  the walls turned out to be more of like a baby poop color. and all blotchy not exacttly what I was going for. To date I have bought 5 samples of color, and I think I have found "the one".  Wish me luck with that.

 In other farm news, we also bought 2 more apple tree's and 2 pear tree's so that is 20 tree's in all, and the chicks will be here in 4 weeks!!!! fun fun fun!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment